At THE DOON GRAMMAR SCHOOL, we provide education with an objective to empower students to make decisions, to find creative solutions and plan effective action strategies. The curriculum is structured in a manner that keeps your child in touch with the ever-changing world trends, right from the junior years to the senior level.
We constantly revamp, reinvent and evaluate the classroom and teaching strategy to create the most appropriate education that your child deserves. The study programme for all learning levels is unique because it is a cross-fertilization of the finest teaching methodologies.
The Pre-Primary Level (Nursery and Kindergarten)
- Learning is made interesting, fun and activity oriented at this level.
- Participation of the students is encouraged through such activities as drawing and coloring, writing, group games, clay modelling, puzzles, flash cards and conversations.
- Poems and stories are dramatized using expressive actions.
- Focus is on developing communication skills and on reinforcing an innate sense of discovery in everything that is taught.
- Children learn to comprehend through a multi sensory approach as concepts in Number Work, English and E.V.S. are made clear with the use of multimedia.
- Nature walks and regular educational tours to the Zoos, Railway Museums and Game Parks develop a sense of openness towards the world.
Primary Level (Class I to Class V)
- A thematic approach is designed to stimulate the children through various inter-active sessions and activities.
- An extensive use of technology aids to supplement classroom teaching.
- Project works in class calls for mass participation. An equal emphasis is laid on developing a strong sense of individuality.
- Field trips and excursions make learning fun.
- Use of the newspaper articles, quizzes, crosswords and other learning tools enhance general awareness.
Middle Level (Class VI to Class VIII)
- The emphasis is on acquiring in-depth conceptual knowledge.
- The curriculum is research oriented and based on teamwork vis-à-vis discussions, group project work, discovery and exploration.
- Personality development, value education and coping with peer pressure are stressed upon at this stage.
- Students work in groups and make power point presentations on subject related topics. Parents are also invited for such presentations.
Senior Secondary Level (Class IX to Class XII)
- Science and Commerce are among the main academic streams offered at THE DOON GRAMMAR SCHOOL.
- Various combinations of subjects are offered so that students can pursue their desired courses of study later in life.
- An equal stress is laid on preparing students for the prescribed CBSE syllabus and on preparing the students for the various competitive entrance examinations.
- Result oriented training is imparted by experienced professionals who target for total development and desired success.
- The concept of Synchro-Study has been introduced to reduce stress levels of students. A synchronized study pattern is maintained between the course content of the board examinations and that of the competitive entrance examinations.
- Students have complete access to the various laboratories and library resources, specially designed for the study and research requirements of the senior level students.